Tuesday, October 27, 2009

XMPP Gateway to Hell?

TLS Handshake errors your enemy? You are not alone.

I’ve tried both public and internal certs. I have a ticket open with MS - going on two weeks, and I'm on my fourth engineer, now at the senior level. I've requested certs from command line, IIS, OCS front end wizard, imported them in etc without success. The Edge server and XMPP server can telnet to each other over port 5061, I can telnet externally to my FQDN of the XMPP gateway over 5269. It looks perfect - yet won't work. If I receive a fix from the latest engineer I will post here. The only thing I haven't tried is to rebuild on Server 2003 instead of 2008 because I do not want to go backwards. If you inadvertently or for testing assign a certificate to the XMPP configuration and want to remove it, you need to uninstall XMPP and reinstall.

1 comment:

  1. This was resolved by Google fixing a bug on their side. If someone had signed up using your domain to Google Apps, it prevented you from creating XMPP traffic to Google. THis is not a problem on recent accounts to join Google Apps. After some research, I found someone created an account using their domain email address in 2008. Google manually made a change and about one hour later, we had presence and chat with OCS and Gmail. I would really like to tell someone how many certificates I went though because of the TLS Handshake error leading me down the wrong path.

    ReplyDelete